Apologies, but no results were found.
Faculty of ManagementOther Titles: Chair, UBCO Senate Admissions & Awards Committee
Office: EME 4127
Courses & Teaching
MGMT 201 / 301 Introduction to Financial Accounting
MGMT 202 / 302 Introduction to Managerial Accounting
MGMT 330 Introduction to Organizational Behaviour
MGMT 360 Business Conditions Analysis
MGMT 401 Intermediate Managerial Accounting
MGMT 403 Auditing and Assurance Services
MGMT 405 Advanced Managerial Accounting
MGMT 419H Special Topics in Management: Corporate Governance
MGMT 531 Leadership
Scholarship of Teaching & Learning
Ms. Ebl has been teaching in the Faculty of Management at The University of British Columbia’s Okanagan campus since January 2010.
Ms. Ebl has taught at other post-secondary institutions and has been involved in teaching, facilitation, and marking for professional programs (including the Professional Education Program for the Chartered Professional Accountant designation and predecessor programs for the Chartered Accountant designation). Ms. Ebl has also been involved in development and delivery of in-house training programs for a large CPA, CA firm.
Ms. Ebl has conducted work for various academic publishers, including:
- authoring of testbanks
- authoring of a Master Budget Project
- editorial review of chapters and textbooks
- double-blind review of academic paper
Ms. Ebl’s scholarship of teaching and learning has extended to her many years of coaching students for academic case competitions.
Ms. Ebl is proud to serve UBC and the Faculty of Management:
- elected Senator for UBCO (2017-2020, 2020-2023)
- Chair of the UBCO Senate Admissions and Awards Committee
- active member of the UBCO Senate Agenda Committee
- President’s Advisory Committee for Selection of the Deputy Vice Chancellor for UBC’s Okanagan Campus (2019-2020)
- UBC’s Cross-Campus Student Response System Working Group (2019-present)
- Faculty of Management Undergraduate Curriculum Working Group (2016-present)
- CPA Mapping of Undergraduate Accounting Curriculum for Faculty of Management (2014-present)
- various other Working Groups in service to the Faculty of Management
- Coach and Faculty Advisor for UBCO’s JDC West team
Ms. Ebl is also proud to serve as a volunteer for various not-for-profit organizations:
- Financial Manager, Central Okanagan Rugby Enthusiasts (2019-present)
- Area Leader, CPA Financial Literacy Volunteer Program (2015-present)
- Treasurer, Springvalley Middle School Parent Advisory Council (2018-2020)
- COPAC Representative, Springvalley Middle School Parent Advisory Council (2018-2020)
- School Planning Council, Quigley Elementary School (2012-2017)
- Director, Quigley Elementary Parent Advisory Council (2014-2017)
- Treasurer, Quigley Elementary Parent Advisory Council (2012-2014)
- Audit and Governance Chair, Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) – Vancouver Chapter (2005-2007)
- Treasurer, Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) – Vancouver Chapter (2003-2005)
Other Professional Experience
Ms. Ebl articled with PricewaterhouseCoopers (previously Price Waterhouse) for her CA (now CPA, CA) designation. She has since held various positions in industry, including the position of Manager, Enterprise Risk Management and OSC Compliance with a large publicly traded company.
Specific Areas of Expertise
Ms. Ebl’s specific areas of expertise include:
- Corporate Governance (including Enterprise Risk Management)
- Managerial Accounting
- Strategy and Balanced Scorecard
- Organizational Behaviour
- Business Process Re-Engineering and Change Management
- Audit and Assurance
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
Ms. Ebl is particularly interested in exploring the impacts of high profile corporate governance failures on the regulatory climate within which businesses must adapt in order to achieve success. Ms. Ebl has been recognized as a leader in the field of enterprise risk management (ERM), and has presented on the topic at various conferences, both locally and internationally.
Ms. Ebl takes great pride in contributing to the learning experience of future business professionals.
Outside of academia, Ms. Ebl’s utmost joy is spending time with family and friends. She also enjoys researching, experiencing, and applying various topics of both personal and professional interest. Ms. Ebl is a long-time supporter of rugby, a sport in which her husband represented Canada internationally for many years.
Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA)
... CPA Canada and CPA British Columbia
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
... Institute of Internal Auditors
Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting (BBA)
... Simon Fraser University